Respect and outreach
The approach to providing care at rainbowtrekkers is one of:
- Sensitively responding to the need of the child for attachment, leading to more positive emotional and personal growth
- Observing, recording and reflecting
- Respect, trust, patience and appreciation of each child’s uniqueness
- Careful and developmentally appropriate planning of the environment and activities
- Assisting self-learning through play
- Modeling positive social behavior and providing the opportunity, space, time and gentle direction (if needed) for cognitive and social problem-solving
- A balance between independent exploration by the child and adult stimulation and intervention.
- A balance between helping children to become individuals and helping them to become members of a social group.