Employment at rainbowtrekkers
Giving calmness and time for the profession you chose
rainbowtrekkers is a network of bilingual English-German kindergartens in Cologne. We offer warm and multicultural education. We believe that respect of the child is the starting point of education. It is our aim to stick to the highest professional standards of early childhood caregiving and education developed by educational research done in different countries. We are a growing organization and invite you to join our team in the exciting phase of starting up new facilities.
What do we offer?
- High child-to-caregiver ratio, resulting into individual and high quality work with the children
- Warm, loving, calm and respectful work environment
- Preparation time during work hours
- Regular team days and support in your professional growth
- Willingness to support you in further qualification efforts (training programs, studies)
- Flexible holidays
- Full and part time positions available
- A curriculum based on modern theories and child orientated educational methods.
- Place and freedom for your own input and personality within the curriculum
- Bilingual and international environment, two way dual-langugage immersion method supporting native and non-native English and German speakers to become bilingual
- Vibrant international team with colleagues from at least ten different nationalities
Ideal candidate profile:
- Warm, loving, flexible and positive personality.
- Perfect English speaker or mother tongue level fluency (no German required) or
- Perfect German speaker with a good level of understanding of spoken and written English.
- B.A. or M.A. degree (university level) in Education, Special Education, Early Childhood Education or Social Work OR at least three years of vocational training (college level) in caregiving.
- Experience in working with toddlers and young children.
- Having good observation and reflection skills.
- Possessing the ability to multitask easily.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Able to take responsibility and work independently as well as in a team.
- To sensitively care for children from 1 to 6 years (feeding, changing diapers, bring to sleep, and playing).
- To observe and understand the children and use the information to build an effective program for them.
- To work with the children according to their individual needs and personality.
- To draw up a monthly, weekly and daily plan as to practically working out the curriculum.
- To plan and set the environment to be used as an effective learning tool for the children.
- To keep the rooms and material needed in order.
- To communicate with parents regarding the child’s day.
- To communicate information regarding the functioning of the group or individual children to the group leader.
- To participate in team meetings aimed to harmonize the functioning of the group and exchange of information.
- To participate in parent evenings or special occasions held in the kindergarten.
- To participate in enrichment programs organized by the organization.
If you think that rainbowtrekkers could benefit from your skills and experience, please feel free to send in your application anytime. All information given to us will be kept confidentially. Unfortunately, we cannot resend application material posted to the rainbowtrekkers. Therefore we suggest to apply via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only full applications will be considered (incl. CV and cover letter). Incomplete applications will not be answered. The application may be made in German though candidates should be able to understand and express themselves in English.
The rainbowtrekkers Early Childhood Development Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin or disability. Please do not add photographs. Applicants will be asked to provide a police clearance at a later stage during their application process. rainbowtrekkers adheres to a strict non-smoking policy for all staff members.